Wednesday, July 18, 2007

drowned rat in siem rep

It was one of those exhilarating moments. The kind that makes you remember that this is what traveling is about. On Sunday, day 2 of my Siem Rep trip visiting temples like Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, I was caught in a downpour. Not just a regular downpour, but a full-on monsoon style soaking. I quickly became fully drenched as we rode on the back of motorbikes about 45 minutes away from Siem Rep on the way back from visiting Banteay Serey, a temple further out.

pre-rain



The rain came down in sheets hitting every part of my body, at times like a needle and at other times like small stones pummeling me. Then the wind kicked in, chilling my already soaked body. My pants stuck to my legs and my sneakers collected pools of water, but through it all, it was wonderful being a drowned rat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention who won the wet t-shirt contest!